2021 Kitchen Design TrendsSeptember 8, 2021
Want to know the 2021 kitchen design trends we are seeing this year? Read on to find out what’s going on in the world of kitchen remodeling.
- Shapes. For 2021 and beyond, the NKBA (The National Kitchen and Bath Association) predicts L-shaped kitchens with islands to remain popular.
- Sizes. The NKBA also estimates kitchen islands to be sized between 24 and 35 square feet while kitchens themselves will become somewhat larger than today.
- Styles. When it comes to styles, the report from the NKBA found contemporary, transitional, and organic/natural to rule kitchens for the next three years.
- Sustainability. Clients have a sustainable focus and appreciate materials that are green.
- Storage. Clients love having specific locations for specific items like pull outs with bins for spatulas and spoons, or pull out knife holders.
- Colors. There will be no emergence of bright colors for kitchens in the next three years. Whites, off-whites, grays, and beiges will remain the top color schemes. We’re also seeing that some clients are requesting a moody palette consisting of Ebony cabinets or black subway tile and dark slabs of granite.
- Islands. Islands are growing in size and popularity due to their storage and space advantages. Many homeowners are utilizing their kitchen islands as dining tables, homework spots, and a gathering space.
- Open Shelving. Requests for open shelving are on the rise. Kitchens are being layered with impactful art, photographs, and meaningful keepsakes.
- Open Concept. Although there are reports this year that are saying that open concept kitchens are out, we are still seeing this as a top request. Clients are requesting removal of walls to open up the kitchen, which are a must at times when clients desire a large kitchen island.
- Statement Pieces. Countertops, backsplashes and islands will continue to make strong statements because of its dramatic veining or unique materials.
Whether you want to make sure that your new kitchen remodel stays on trend or you purposefully want to stay away from trends, we hope that this list of 2021 kitchen design trends will help you. Whenever you are ready for a new kitchen remodel and kitchen cabinet update, contact us and we would be happy to help walk you through the process. Our expert kitchen designers have many years of experience creating beautiful spaces for clients from New York to North Carolina.